From:
Georgette <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Mon, 21 Feb 1994 17:25:57 -0500
Hi there - I work at York University in North York, Ontario and a couple of my
friends came to me with a ferret they found wandering in the vicinity of my
apartment building. It is a sable female with brown feet, an undefined mask,
SHARP teeth and I don't think she's been spayed or descented - my untrained
eye can't tell!! Oh yeah, she has a pink and brown nose!

Anyone who knows of someone who has lost their baby in the Finch-Sentinal area,
 please let me know. I have contacted my vet and the Humane Society, but feel
uncertain as to whether the owners would deserve her back. Her nails hadn't
been clipped in ages and her ears were, well, pretty darn scrungy - YUCK!! I
ended up using about 8 Q-tips and I still could have done more, but she was
getting a bit antsy, so I figured I'd leave her alone. The fact that she was
SOOOOOOOOO skinny made me wonder too. How fast do ferrets lose weight?? I know
that she couldn't have been out for too many days because she probably wouldn't
 have survived it. I think there's a possibility of abandonment or at least
very uneducated owners. SIGH!! Why the hell don't people research before they
get a pet??!

One more question - I'm thinking of keeping her but I'm concerned about my
boys bullying her by sheer weight/size. How do those owners with mixed gangs
deal with this problem or do they work it out on their own?? My guys play
pretty rough so of course I'm a tad concerned. My boyfriend is thinking about
taking her but his cat is the jealous type.

Any information or suggestions would be highly appreciated!! Thanks alot!!