From:
Fred Schroeder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Jun 2004 10:23:37 -0500
>From:    fuzziehuggs <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: adrenal gland disease and love and ownership

I can only comment on my own feelings though I feel that the others
mirror mine as well.  My opinion and a buck will get you a cup of coffee.

It isn't a matter of saying not to own a ferret.  It is just a needed
piece of information regarding the ownership of them.  I myself preach
the same sermon.  Too many people rush into ownership without learning
the pitfalls.  I have had a wide variety of animal over the years.
Presently it consists of two dogs, four cats, and three ferrets.  Ferrets
are by far the most maintenance intensive and expensive pets I have
owned.  This is NOT a complaint merely an observation.  If people are
aware of the needs of a ferret then they have no right to complain.

As to financial down turns, this is not the idea at all.  That same logic
could be applied to owning a new car, a house, or anything else of value.
"You pays your money and you takes your ride." In the case of financial
disaster I can assure you that everyone will understand and be willing to
do what they can.  HOWEVER, going into ferret ownership on a too-limited
budget and 'playing the odds' will not be met with the same outlook.  "I
bought it and now I can't afford it" is in no way the same as a loss of
income.  All but a lucky few have been down that road at one time or
another myself included.

Best regards,
Fred Schroeder
Home page: http://schroeder-family.us
NRA Life Member

Behold the superfluous.  They are always sick.  They vomit their gall and
call it a newspaper.  Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche 1844-1900