From:
Lynn Mcintosh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Jun 1997 19:37:20 -0700
Hi there.  Thank you so much to those of you who wrote me about Percy!  I
can't possibly express how much it helps.  Well, no news was supposed to be
good news.  And no news.  Though, when I filled out the info sheet Saturday
I was so worried about Percy (he hadn't been seen yet) I only put one of the
home phone lines, the one hooked to the computer.  On another, second,
sheet, later when I could think A LITTLE straighter, I wrote the second
number, to call if the first is busy.  So, I'm still worrying!  What if she
called when it was busy, etc., etc.  So I'm staying off the computer as much
as possible, keeping the first line open in case that's the only one she's
seen.  What a dolt.  I've learned, in an emergency, bring someone who
doesn't get rattled.  I panic.  I made sense of barely anything that was
said, I was so worried.  Luckily, hubby Janos picked up on everything.  They
couldn't catheterize Percy for the blockage yesterday, but were going to try
today.  I'll know everything tomorrow morning.  I slept with a really funny
looking stuffed animal named Herman pretending it was Percy, since I wished
he was on the top floor of a cage I put fuzzies in when there sick, level
with my bed.  I thought about him all night, and the second I awoke, pulling
for him.  I think the many prayers and thoughts for him helped.

Of course I sat on the couch all day waiting not to get a call, with Herman
beside me, and a neighbor stopped by.  I had papers all over and had made a
general mess in my worry, and this stuffed animal sitting beside me.  I can
only imagine what he thought.  Thank goodness I was dressed.

I'll post those who wrote me personally, when I'm not avoiding my computer.
Thank you, thank you, thank you.  I just hope and pray I didn't miss the
call and that he is doing great.  Will post how he's doing tomorrow, and try
to get a little more into the adrenal medical issues, since I've learned a
couple things.

Fuzzy hugs to all and a big cosmic hug for Percy,

Lynn and the furry gang, and up in the stars, Schroedee Boat and Squeekers