From:
NosFeratu <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jun 1997 08:24:42 -0400
Greetings!
I just purchased a cute little fuzzy from the ferret show in Westland who
seemed to have a bit of a biting problem.  I thought nothing much of it,
simply because everyone I talked to said that it was an easy thing to train
her out of.  After a few weeks and lots of painful nips, she still has the
same problem.  To top it off, we later learned that she is deaf.  As such, a
loud voice won't do, and we have tried time-outs, as well as forced handling
until she calms down.  Even our vet says that this is the mouthiest ferret
he has ever seen.  My question is: does anybody out there have some
experience with this sort of thing?  Can anyone recommend a good book, or
give some other advice?  And would it be wise to get a second fuzzy?  My vet
has told me that this can either help her or make her worse, but he can't
really give me any solid advice on the second ferret issue.  She is a really
adorable black-eyed white/chocolate mix when she is tired (a difficult thing
to accomplish).  I would greatly appreciate any advice out there.

Mark & Melanie Mullins owned by a very cute Saleena Moor.