From:
Lim swee ho <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Feb 2002 22:24:12 +0800
I had my male neutered ferret for about two months now but he has a bad
habit.  When I first carry him out of his cage, he is usually fine.  But
after I put him down, I cant touch him without him going into a war dance.
Many times I felt his teeth brush against my hand before I whip my hand
away.  I have to bribe him with food, only then would he come out and let
me hold him and stroke him.  Is there any way for me to train him to be
more handleable?  I have read about ferrets who are cuddle bugs but Gizmo
is certainly not a cuddle bug.  I guess we should love each for their own
unique personaility, but it would be really wonderful if there's some way
for me to get Gizmo to stop trying to nip my hand.  Sometimes I feel a
little hurt that he doesnt really come to me... Today when I held him
against my face, he nipped me on my chin.  Sigh... Kindly advice me.