Date:
Fri, 15 Jun 2001 16:15:58 EDT
Hi there I wrote to you about my experience with a Ferret and Guinea Pig
but .

Guinea Pigs can make wonderful pets.  Guinea Pigs and Hamsters were the
only pets I was allowed to have growing up.  Guinea Pigs can be trained to
use a litter box.  They will also learn their names and learn to come to
their names.  Atleast mine did and when I was a young girl I'd rather play
with my pets than other kids so my pets got lots of attention!  Which
Guinea Pigs/Cavies need a lot of attention.  Just remember if the Cavy
isn't held much then it won't like being held and could possibly end up
being mean.  Just like a Ferret they need to come out and play.  Too much
time in a cage is very bad for them.  Also Cavies need about two and a
half square feet per Cavy!  Just don't let the Ferret(s) and Cavy play
together.  It's definitely not a good thing.  Hope I've helped!

Fuzzy Smiles!
Toni D.