From:
Barbara Griswold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Mar 2004 15:37:36 EST
I have some questions about the AFA ADV Research Fund, and I am hoping
someone on this list can answer them.

Last summer there was some discussion on the ADV List about the fact that
the earmarked donations for ADV still had not been dispersed.  At that
time, we were told that the money would soon be sent to the researchers,
and also that the AFA was no longer accepting donations for the fund.
See the following message:

[Moderator's note: Unfortunately you need to be a subscriber of that
group to read the message.]

Today, I was looking at the AFA Website, and I notice it still says they
are collecting for the fund, and it appears to indicate that the money
has not yet been dispersed.

    http://www.ferret.org/read/aleutian.htm
    http://www.ferret.org/news/advfundup.htm

My questions are:
1. When will the money be sent?  and
2. Is the AFA still collecting donations or not?

It seems to me that the money could do more good in the hands of the
researchers, rather then sitting in an account somewhere.  Is it at least
in an interest bearing account?

I hope I'm not starting another bruhaha here but I worry that the subject
of ADV has faded a bit and that we, as ferret companions, are becoming
more complacent.  I hope I'm not way off base and perhaps this might
start a bit of dialogue regarding ADV and the research that is being
done.

Most sincerely,
Barb and her 6 whirling dervishes...Hope, Kate, Tess, Cher, Jake and Sam