Date:
Sun, 1 Nov 1998 23:20:45 -0800
Hello all,

Well, its been a few weeks since I wrote about my aggressive ferret.  I was
overwhelmed by the number of you folks who wrote with advice.  Thank you so
much for taking the time to write!!

We kept the two boys separated for 2 weeks and alternated our other two
lovies who get along well with both.  We switched bedding, we had
supervised play and then we REALLY started to watch.  It was sparked by
someone (sorry I don't remember who) that suggested that perhaps Dhugal at
8 months old was going through his terrible twos!  Suddenly things started
making sense.  Then we started watching Duncan even closer.  It would seem
that no matter who, hooman or fert, this little bugger just won't submit.

Oh he will scream and yell and hiss, even when no one is touching him,
but try to make him submit and suddenly you see a VERY stubborn streak.
Everything that works on our other three to make them submit simply doesn't
work on Duncan.  We put them together in the bathroom for about an hour and
listened to some of the most horrid screaming and yelling!  When we checked
on him, it was clear that he hadn't even been touched.  As time has passed
Dhugal has grown more apprehensive about approaching Duncan because
overtime he does Duncan yells loud enough to wake the dead.  We still keep
them in separate cages at night so we can sleep but the attacks seem to
have stopped.  Now if they can just decide who is in charge....

Loves, hugs & dooks,
Carrie

Morgan - When are they going to realize *I* am in charge?
Richenda - Mom, can you tell Duncan to hush so we can play?
Dhugal - Ok, enough screaming already!  I'm not even near you!
Duncan - If I yell loud enough that big bully will leave me alone

****  You call me bitch like that's a bad thing  ****