From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 May 2002 13:52:58 EDT
>The strange part is that their MF ferrets come with a STORE guarantee -
>not the MF birth/health papers.  When we asked about this, we were told
>that the "holding center can't keep straight which papers go with which
>ferret, so they don't bother." How's that for responsible animal sales,
>eh?  Whether it's true or not, we don't get the Marshall's papers, so
>among other things, we're guessing the birthdates.

Yeah that has happened here with two distributors.  There was a time
period where they werent' sending stores anything and I really had to get
onto the stores to in turn get onto the distributors.  Even now, most of
the time I can't seem to get a birth certificate... only all the garentee
papers, and at best a copy of a birth certificate that has come in with a
whole shipment.  In other words, if a doz kits come in, they all come in
with one birth certificate for that particular shipment batch around here.
It really does bug me.  I don't know if its MF not putting out enough
birthcertificates, or if its the distributors or what.  Its great to have
all the other paperwork, but it bugs me that around here in most cases
the certificate situation is inconsistent.

Wolfy

Please visit:
http://www.geocities.com/wolfysluv/
for information on ferret deafness: