From:
Todd & Andi Lockhart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Dec 1994 20:48:19 -0400
Season's Greetings! My husband Todd & I have been lurking here for about a
month now, and I'd like to introduce everyone to our little "family". We've
got 4 fuzzies right now. We purchased our two 2 year old females, Snitch
the silvermit & a sable named Bandit when my first ferret Noodles died at
age 5. A few months later, we aquired a cinaminn male named Mozart from a
couple we met on the street, who saw ours and had one they didn't have time
for. (Mo just lost his long battle with lymphosarcoma :( but since he slept
on my lap as a lurked, I felt he deserved an intoduction, too!) We then
aquired Bailey a 4-5 year old  female sable, and all of her many health
problems. This past August we purchased (even though I swore I would only
adopt!) another sable female named Pickles. Pickles was about 3.5 weeks
old, in terrible conditions, and in bad health. We tried for several days
to get through to NJ's department of fish and game to look into the
situation, but as each day passed, she got weaker, I got more worried, and
finally Todd brought her home.

Bailey's been sickly since we got her in March with adrenal cancer, a
uterine stump, an insulinoma and various viruses. She gets a nightly
injection of dexamethasone, but lately we've been having a harder time
regulating her blood sugar. Our wonderful vet (Dr Edling) has prescribed
Proglycem for us, and now Bailey gets 10mg twice a day. This medicine is
expensive ($110), and I don't mean to complain since Bailey hasn't been
unconsious or convulsing while on it, but it hasn't turned her into an
active normal ferret either. At the rate we're going through this medicine,
it's going to last just over 2 months! I don't mind paying it if I have to,
but I can't help wonder if there are any cheaper alternatives out there.
Our pharmacist had a hard time locating this for us, and was unable to find
any generics. If anyone has heard of, or used, a medicine similar to
Proglycem (only cheaper) please email me!

Thanks in advance!
Andi & Todd
Bailey, Bandit, Pickles & Snitch
And the unnamed secret male in Santa's sack! (Shhh! Don't tell Todd!)