From:
Barbara Clay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Dec 2005 17:16:37 -0800
Dear All,

Some of you know that a few weeks ago, I had to go to Long Beach,
Mississippi -- the epoch center of Hurricane Katrina.  My elderly parents
and their home were nothing short of a miracle in surviving such a
catastrophic storm.  My sisters and I were taking turns going in with
supplies and watching over our parents that are in their mid 80s.  They
refused to leave before, as well as after the storm.  Now I know where I
got my stubborn streak!

I came back with severe depression and sadness, because of leaving my
parents, and most of all, seeing the families that are struggling.  It
truly looked like a war zone, and being there was surreal.

I returned to Maryland and started receiving Thank You cards.  Opening
the mail became such a happy experience.  I would like to tell each of
you that sent a card how grateful I am.  You have no idea how much you
contributed to cheering me up, and getting my usually optimistic attitude
back to normal.

Christmas was upon me before I knew it, and now the cheer continues as I
receive wonderful boxes of goodies for my shelter kids from the Giving
Tree.  Also, I received a very special box from my dear friend, Diane
Campbell.  Shes an angel to so many people, and besides that, a dear
friend to me!  Something good did come out of the Hagerstown rescue!!!
Lol Shell know what I mean by that!

So today, myself and all here at Rocky's thank you for cheering me up
and supporting our shelter.  Truly, your kind words of support and good
deeds, have given me the desire to shelter for another ten years!  With
so many traveling at this time, if you find yourself in Maryland, please
drop by for a visit!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL!

Affectionately,
Barb Clay