From:
Jim King and Sue Hall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Oct 1996 20:38:24 -0500
Hello Fine Ferret People !
First of all, my apologies for not providing up-dates on Lucy's condition.
For some strange reason, I was hearing a radio station on my telephone line!
The radio sound made it almost impossible to use my on-line service.  Today,
the telephone repair man, (also a ferret person !!!), found the problem.
The cheap telephone connected to my computer was causing the problems.  The
problem is fixed so tonight I read all of the e-mail responce from all of
you fine ferret people.  I could not believe it.  I read about ten or so
letters about people offering "Lucy prayers".  One sweet person even offered
to help out financially !!!  To this SAINT, I wish to say, "Thank you"!
However the animal hospital will let me pay on payments.(Another group of
saints).  After Sue read all of the responces, she stated, "Ever notice how
this group with one common interest will do and offer things uncommon to any
other group".  She is right and God bless you all !  Now, back to Lucy...
Last Sunday night, Mary from the Brockport Animal Hospital told us that
Lucy's blood work showed liver problems.  The numbers were off the chart.
Lucy was not doing well.  Mary told us that Lucy needed to be cut open soon
to see what was going on.  However, if Lucy was not strong enough by Monday
to be cut open, the best thing to do would be to put her to sleep.  Oh
God... Monday, Mary called to say Lucy had about a 50% chance of surviving
the operation and they would go ahead.  They found a tumor on the adeneal
(sp ?) gland which was removed.  They also found spots on the liver so a
bioscopy was preformed.  We should have the results in a few more days.  So
far, Lucy is not doing well but she is still hanging in there.  She is still
not eating and is VERY thin.  Tomorrow,(Friday), Sue and I will be taking
Lucy home for the week-end.  We will take her back Sunday night or Monday
morning.  Perhaps, this will make her stronger.  Oh yea, one funny thing,
before they cut Lucy open, Mary looked down and stated" Look, Lucy has a
little spout" !  After over three years I found something new about Lucy-
Lucy is really a Lewy !  (Hey, I only looked once.  So I was wrong three
years ago !  He was fixed so it was hard to tell... Lucy knows her..  a mean
his name ...so everything will remain the same.  (The boy named Sue)... I
have had Lucy for over three years.  This is the FIRST time she- I mean he-
has EVER been sick.  One more round of ferret prayers will not hurt....
THANK YOU ALL FOR EVERYTHING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jim and Sue Thumper (I miss her) Lacey (Just feed me) (If I put Lucy down
for the money, I would be living with the "IF" the rest of my life..)