From:
Melissa Litwicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jul 1997 11:31:12 -0400
>Ferrets never cease to surprise you.  Benito, the Pickiest Eater of Them
>All, not interested in much besides Totally Ferret & raisins, definitely
>has a taste for Fat Weasel Ale.  Our other ferret is repulsed by it.

Hee! All of my ferrets LOVE beer, particularly microbrews.

It's the malt in the beer, in case you were curious.  At least, with my
crew.  You might want to try bringing in a stout for Benito and seeing how
he likes that - the darker the beer, the tastier.  If he actually likes the
hoppiness, that'd be interesting to note...

None of mine will drink beer unless we 'decarbonate' it by swishing it
around on a plate first.  Actually, they'll try to drink it, then get
carbonation up their noses, and then they'll stumble around sneezing
violently for a few minutes - and come back for more beer.

Try going to a store and looking for jars of malt, or buy some Petromalt and
try it out as a treat.  Also, Pet Tinic is pretty malty.

Pretty funny that it was Fat Weasel Ale.

>Does anyone else have a ferret who is a secret, or not so secret, lush for
>strong beer, with a distinct brand preference, or is Benito just trying to
>mess with our heads?

This isn't ferret-related, but microbrews are generally maltier than
non-microbrews, because 'popular' brew (like bud and miller) is brewed
"lite" for the discerning public palate.  Ew.  Gross.  If it doesn't stand
up on its own without a glass, it's not beer!

My ferrets' favorite is a Kalamazoo brew - Bell's Kalamazoo Stout.  They
like the Porter and the special Eccentric Ale, as well.

Melissa

 ___ Melissa Litwicki __ [log in to unmask] ___
 By the whole newsgroup devoted tennis showing
     it after scarfing fork and laughters