From:
Lorraine Lordi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Oct 2013 21:59:29 -0400
I shampooed him and held him close. I gave him some melted strawberry
ice cream with "tone", a special treat because he fought insulinoma,
adrenal disease and cardiomyopathy for the last three years. We put
his buddy, HoneyBear, next to him while the vet easily found a vein
and then he was gone. Peaceful and without stress, at home. I wanted
him cremated so she took his body with her.

He spent the first 2 1/2 years of his life as a research lab ferret,
having been born to his Marshall Farms unwed mother, a surprise I'm
sure to the lab techs when they found him and his brother with their
young mom. We adopted him- number 32-06 tattooed on his tummy and
thigh - from The Ferret Inn shelter. Nancy Wilson rescued him and 20
others that were scheduled to be euthanized because the lab was through
with them. A big, beautiful, sweet sable boy who didn't know how to be
a ferret. Toys meant nothing to him. The first time he sprinted down
the hallway I realized he probably never ran or knew freedom out of
the cage. They used him to test human preemie intubation equipment.

I promised him that he'd never be cooped up again, always have soft
clean blankets and healthy good food. And most importantly, freedom.
And for the next five years he did. How was always a perfectly behaved,
loving ferret.

I love you so much Dweasey, go find your brother and Nicholas and I'll
be with you in the blink of an eye. I'll find you again just like
before.

My perfect big boy is gone. I'm so lucky to have had him for over five
years. Thank you Nancy for my Dweasey.

Lorraine
My heart is broken