From:
"Mrs. Duck" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Jan 1997 08:38:15 -0500
QUARATINE IN UK

Kurt had asked for private e-mail on this matter, but I think it is relevant
to the group...I have seen it asked before...so here goes...

As the UK is a completely rabies free Island, the quaratine times are
STRICT.  They are the same for ALL mammals, dogs, cats, ferrets, rabbits,
etc.  Here's the scoop.  You must make arrangements with a Government
licensed quaratine facility prior to your arrival in the UK.  They will
require vet records proving that all shots are up to date.

You will have to ship the animal via air cargo.  The Quarantine facility
then claims your pet on the other end, and whisks them off to the facility.
You are encouraged to visit on a regular or daily basis.  I will warn you,
these facilities are NOT cheap.  And the quarantine does tend to be
stressful towards the animals.  Coming back stateside, there is no
quarantine.  Unless you are going to HI, in which case there is a six month
quarantine, even though you are coming from the UK with no rabies.  Of
course, as ferrets are not allowed in HI, this is moot anyhow.  KURT- my
sister recently finished her PhD at Edinborough...contact me via private
e-mail for more info.

SEATTLE SHOW

IF you are going to the Seattle Ferret Show, and have not made a room
reservation, please do so immediately.  As of last night (1/20) there were
22 rooms left at the Executel (17 left for the Pacific Coast Ferrets Show
Rate Block- $92 per night), 5 rooms left at the Holiday Inn Express (no
Pets) at $75 per night, and 20 rooms left at the Super 8 (pets allowed) at
$55 per night.
This show is drawing biiiiigggg numbers of people, and it is expected that
these rooms will sell out quickly at this point.
-Mrs. DUck