From:
june batz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Jul 1999 06:40:33 -0700
I took my little ol' gal Phoebe back into to have her bg checked again,
sad to say she is not improving..I have had her..what..3 months, her first
reading was well, not readable, her second was 29, 3rd was 69 and this one
was back down to 35.  I really thought she was improving, her weight is up
YIPPEEEE, her attitude, well she is more like a ferret, awake more often,
scratching at the door to be let out, loves to be outside!!!  I look at
her , on days like this as having a full tank of gas and I am so afraid to
indulge her in energy expending activities for fear she will run out of
gas ..I know that is silly..  So for the life of me I can't remember the
other drug, just recently mentioned here, that is being used in conjunction
with pred to help fight the insulinoma..ANYONE??  And to Gary H. or anyone
who has tried this, WHAT ABOUT Colloidal silver for ferrets with insulinoma?

My nine year old came home the other day having been gone for 2 days and
said to me "How is the the new baby?  How are his poopies?, no stress
ones?!"  HAD TO LAUGH..train 'em young I say!!

I think it was Connie who posed the question about having a favorite
"child" I love mine all equally, they all have different personalities some
more endearing than others, THOUGH I will admit, my first child, Chandler,
is a love bug, cuddler..my little yawn boy, And Phoebe, I spoil her rotten
because she is sick and just the sweetest old lady..at times I feel really
guilty I wish that I had 5 arms so I could hold them all.

I went in to the pet-co here in Federal way Wa.  to get some supplies, and
they had 3 beautiful ferrets just playing up storm, I noticed their water
bottle was gone, and in its place was a dish..filled with soggy bedding, so
I asked one of the clerks if I could hold the ferrets and if they could
replace the water, they did it very quickly, though they did not seem
pleased a customer was asking, as i was playing with the girls, one of the
clerks came up to me and told the ferrets ate the water bottle that is why
they have a dish, and they replace the water every hour or so.I'm thinking
it was an old water bottle and should have been replaced with a new one
anyway!  She also told me Nancy, Pet-co's one saving grace, has done some
training sessions with the employees, this clerk seemed somewhat more
knowledgable than usual.  As I left 5 minutes later..their water dish was
full of bedding again...*sigh*  So if anyone has made it this far through
my post, I thank you and any help on the above questions would be
appreciated.

June Louis and the zoo
P.S, My new little guys name is Oliver!!