From:
Richard James <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Apr 1996 05:26:04 UT
I wanted to thank everyone for their advise a couple of weeks ago regarding
Job, the ferret we bought from the pet shop so he wouldn't die.  Job is
doing very well and is certainly a porker now.  He certainly isn't
recognizable with regard to his appearance, weight wise or size wise, he is
such a sweet cutie.  His rectum is much better and he is choosing to eat dry
food now as part of his diet so it won't be too hard to switch him over to
the dry, but I'll keep my eyes on him with regard to this problem as I don't
know if it will resolve itself or will reappear.

Now with regard to his deafness.  When we play with the other ferrets,
noises drive them crazy for playing, however for obvious reasons it doesn't
work with Job, any suggestions to make play time more exciting and
interesting for him as he gets older?  Thanks in advance for your
suggestions.  I really appreciate all the wonderful information I've gleaned
from this list over the time I've been reading it.  You all are great!
Vicky