From:
Bryon Carmoney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jul 1995 20:09:49 -0400
Hiya All,

I have been 'watching' the topics lately and have tried to add food to my
ferrets diet.  I have only been using Marshells ferret food and now I am
tring to mix it with Iams Kitten food.  Tommy just picks out the MF food.  I
even bought some Ferritone(smells like chocolete  ymmmm.)  He won't touch it.
Any suggestions or should I just keep tring?  I don't want him to starve.

Next question this ones for all you vets out there. (i.e. Dr. Williams et.
al)

What are the legalities for vaccinateing my own ferret?  I live in Kansas
City Mo.  I have only given Shots to my horse, after being shown by a vet
that is.  Or should I just leave this one for the vets?

[Moderator's note: It's legal everywhere in US to vaccincate for CDV.  As
for rabies, it must be done by a vet in about half the states (though MO is
not restricted).  But as a practical matter, unless you have a certificate
or tag from a vet, the vacination will be meaningless to authorities. BIG]

Thanks
Bryon

PS.  Never seen a ferret that likes to do Laundry.  Have you?  Tommy likes to
jump in the clean clothes bin while I am folding them up.