From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Feb 2000 13:46:58 -0500
Since the last time we both traveled we began recording Steve's voice
each time he's away on a business trip.  It calms the ferrets, especially
Ashling.  They listen to him on the phone each day, too.  When both have to
be away we have a ferret sitter who comes to our place who is a vet tech,
we leave details on each ferret, and we leave "permission to treat" letters
with the sitter and at our usual hospital.

I also found the supposed lack of destructive impulses mentioned on the
Martha S.  site funny.  We've had a stereo get pushed to the floor, not to
mention typical changes like missing sections of rugs, and we've read of
that fizzled television set (real LOL!).  "Changes" -- I guess that's the
operative word.  We all know that ferrets have better taste than we do ;-)
so obviously these are not destructive actions -- just changes...

It's been so good to read some happy up-dates recently on the FML.

Tell us more about animals blood banks, please!  If Scoots can still donate
after his recently found mild heart murmur we have no objection for him to
give.  Jumpstart is light for a male but large enough that he's also on our
vets' list as a potential blood donor.

I got angry reading of people who won't treat sick ferrets.  It's so
DISGUSTING a behavior.  Lizzi reminded us all what some other people can
be like.  Heck, we might argue at times here on the FML but we sure know
better than to deprive ferrets of medical care.

Could people, PLEASE, take personal fights and the "I-like-so-and-so", and
"I-hate-so-and-so" comments that arise off-list?  What's between two people
isn't list business and we can't know both sides or what isn't said that
easily.  Except when it is something which can hurt people here it really
doesn't belong here, but I CAN see an actual TOPIC being discussed by each
side if it could hurt or help other FML members.  That makes perfect sense.

Sukie (Clarification: I was a young adult when Mom was most sick and at her
death, but when Nan was 13 like the person asking about ferrets is I was
still in my later teens so still largely a kid; sorry that I confused some
who know me.  Short on time so rushing through things...)