From:
Sara Gennusa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jan 2004 20:53:32 EST
Dear Fellow FMLers,

When reading the FML, you rarely expect to run into the people that you
post.  Well, while working the other day at Petco in Raritan, I ran into
a "legend" and promptly inserted my foot in my mouth.

On New Year's Day, I rescued 37 ferrets from an abusive situation.
Today, on January 9th, I have found homes for 28 of these loving fuzzies.
Because I have been at Petco for so long, I convinced my manager to allow
me to use a vacant back office to house these fuzzies and turned it into
a ferret adoption center.  The exposure was just what these guys needed.
The only ferrets left are those that need medical attention and those
that are bonded to the sickies.

While working, one of my employees told me that someone needed help with
the baby ferrets.  I went over to the enclosures and met a wonderful
couple interested in a silver mitt ferret.  They said that they had been
working with ferrets for over twenty years and that they had always had
a silver mitt in their business.  I told them that there was a partial
silver mitt in the back with my adoptables, and was so excited that I
went and got my fuzzies (who came to work with me) and took them to the
back.  They seemed impressed by the setup, and I was so happy to meet
more ferret lovers that I think I was bubbling over.

The woman asked me if I belonged to the FML and the FHL, and I said that
I only had time to read the FML.  Then the man asked if I knew Sukie
Crandall.  I said yes, but her posts were very technical and I had
trouble getting through them, Usually I just skip them.  The woman
blushed and all of a sudden I realized what was going on.  The woman
was Sukie, and I had just insulted a legend to her face.  We laughed,
and since I knew who she was, I started asking about weird health things,
partially to change the subject (still embarrassed over here), and
partially to get information from one of the foremost ferret health
buffs.

Sukie, thank you for your flattery, and for the donation to help our
homeless fuzzies.  On another note, the virus/ bacteria I was asking
about is TRICHOMONOSIS.  That might help you in looking it up.  Nibbles
and MJ ran right home to tell Gizmo and Oracle how silly I was.

So from now on, I'm going to read Sukie's posts, and I suggest you all do
the same.  There is alot to learn from her experience and knowledge.  And
anyone interested in adopting a post-adrenal ferret in the central Jersey
area, please e-mail me or stop by the Raritan Petco for more information.

Sincerely, Sara, Nibbles, MJ, Oracle, and Gizmo

P.S.  There are two dark girls (possibly adrenal) around 6-7.  They need
a forever home and would love one within the tri-state area.  Anyone
interested, contact me.

P.P.S.  We have quite a few adrenals lined up, but could use some help
in funding them.  To make a donation to these wonderful guys, please
contact Barnegat Animal Hospital in Barnegat, NJ and send the donation
to Dr. Stephen Wurst.  Anything will be greatly appreciated.