From:
DTHOMASON <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Thu, 11 Nov 1993 20:21:45 -0500
Norma-Ann--
        Another product you can look for is Petromalt.  It is a cat
hairball remedy that many ferret owners I know use, and is readily
accepted by most of their ferrets as a treat.  Petromalt is simply
a name brand.

Denise--
       I responded to Dona by personal E-mail, but since it seems
there are others who are interested, I'll say here too that I have to
contact the club president for the exact date and further info.  I
think we may be using the Arlington Convention Center, but PLEASE don't
hold me to that!  That might be where last year's was.  I'll post more
info when I get it, but it will likely take me a few days.  Also, there
is an Austin representative listed in my club newsletter (there are
branches throughout the state, base is here in D/FW), but I don't know
if there is an active club chapter in Austin.  I'll ask of the pres
when I call her about the show.  I do know that the woman who is the
Austin contact shelters ferrets as well, so she'd be a good contact
for you regardless.
       I don't cage my ferrets either.  They have freedom of the
apartment so long as we're home, and we close them in our bedroom
and bathroom when we're gone.  If we're to be gone for an extended
time, we close them up in the bathroom.  There is a pet carrier in
there that they often use as a bed, but they aren't closed up in it
unless we're taking them somewhere.  We're moving to a new house in
March, and all this may change then, but for now we're got everything
pretty well ferret-proofed and feel comfortable with them out.

                    Debra