From:
Thomas and Tracy Lunt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 Jul 1997 23:23:06 -0400
Hi Everyone!!!!!
It's our pleasure to announce the third addtion to our fuzzy family!!!  As
of right now we still have yet to chose a name for him, but we'll let you
know when we do!!  He is a beautiful 10 week old dark/black sable bundle of
joy!!  One thing that's especially nice is I just happened to buy him on my
birthday which was July 4th!!!!  I can't think of a better gift to get!!!
It just so happens that his mother, "Peanut", was born on the 4th of July!!!
Pretty cool, huh?  I also have a couple questions that I hope someone can
help us with.

1) Kodiak, our 5 month old male, is in season.  This is our first whole male
and we are not used to the behavior of a male in season.  He is being
seperated from Jasmin, our 6 month old female (who is in the process of
coming out of heat).  When we tried to introduce Kodiak to the baby, Kodiak
demonstrated some pretty aggressive behavior.  I immediately seperated them
and have been afraid to repeat the process.  Kodiak has also been aggressive
to our cat whom he usually tries to play with.  Kodiak is normally very
sweet and easy going.  Is this behavior indicative of a male in season?  He
is 2-3 times larger than the baby.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how
to introduce them or should we wait until the baby is bigger?  Will this
behavior change once Kodiak is nuetered?

2) We were trying to decide when to get Kodiak neutered.  The breeder told
us to wait until he is at least 6 months old.  Other breeder friends of ours
suggested 1 year (along with our vet)  Kodiak's health is top priority to us
but his behavior is pretty disruptive.  What is the consensus of how long to
wait until it is safe to neuter a male?  Kodiak has been maturing faster
than the average male (according to our breeder friends).  We were wondering
if neutering him earlier than 1 year would be a problem.  Please Please
Please respond with any suggestions that anyone may have.  We would greatly
appreciate it.  Thanks for listening!!

             Tom & Tracy Lunt     ([log in to unmask])
        Kodiak "Come on Jasmin....I'll respect you in the morning!"
        Jasmin " Get lost."
        Baby boy " Hey, that big guy tried to beat me up!!"
        Nikita (Spoiled cat) " Will this madness never end!?!?"
        In loving memory of our first fuzzbut, Toby.