From:
CROW Jackie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Mar 1998 13:46:34 -0700
Hi all,

I hate to post unhappy stuff, but I'd really like to see if anyone has any
suggestions.  Rachel has been sick for quite a while, she started throwing
up and not eating and had to go on an IV for a while.  Blood tests showed
that she had real problems with her liver.

The vet recommended a low protein food, which seems at least to have stopped
her throwing up.  Since that time she has gained a bit of weight and is
eating and drinking fine... but she has developed two really ugly looking
sores, one on her back and one on her neck.  The vet originally said (when
there was just one) that it could have been a reaction to the injected meds
she had while in the hospital, but since the second has appeared she says it
could be a result of the liver problem.

Has anyone ever heard of this?  Rachel seems happy, wardancing and playing,
and the sores seem to be healing, but we're afraid she could pass whatever
it is on to the other two fuzzies and our cat.  Plus, I feel so helpless
watching these weird things happen and not really being able to do anything!

In happier news, the introduction of the cat to the fuzzies went amazingly
well... the cat and the ferrets (except Rachel, she doesn't need any extra
stress) now chase each other, and even wrestle at times!  It is hilarious to
watch... and there are no fuzzy tails any more on either side, so I guess
they are having the time of their lives (the cat I think is even learning to
wardance, <snicker>).

jackie