From:
John Rosloot <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Feb 1995 16:49:30 -0600
>John, there is nothing that you can do to prevent the continued development of
>cataracts.  Once they start to develop, they generally continue, even in
>humans, with one exception - diabetes.  I would suggest a blood test for
>glucose just to rule this out.
>
>I have a blind ferret, but it's most likely due to retinal atrophy.  Most
>people never know she's blind, unless she walks into their legs or rarely the
>wall.  I usually just say she's drunk....  :)

Thanks for your response, Dr. Williams. I feel a little more reassured that
Bud should do ok even if he does lose his sight. Don't worry, the first thing
the vet checked for was diabetes - he's clean. I guess I'm just worried that
Bud's getting on in years, with all the trouble he's had over the past year.
But as I said before, he still seems as strong, energetic and playful as ever,
so maybe I'm jumping the gun.

Thanks again.

John, Buddy, Cassidy, and Sammy
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada