From:
"Lockemer, Todd" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Dec 1996 14:22:19 -0500
>From:    Ed Holtz <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: A huge thank you

It is very gratifying to be able to use the knowledge I have gained from the
FML, personal experience, and various reading to help someone else
especially concerning something I enjoy so much.  I'm sure many, many of you
on the FML can relate as I have observed so many stories of you helping each
other out.  Ed deserves a lot of credit for being patient and hanging in
there.  We all know how frustrating the little buggers can get at times.

>From:    "Carl V. and Shannon Newman" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Stinky, itchy but still adorable ferrets
>I find it necessary to wash them every other day at least.

I have a feeling there will be many responses to this, but here goes my two
cents which will probably just be the same as everyone else.  I know this
may sound kind of backwards but the more you bath your ferrets the more
stink you get.  Bathing them more often than every few weeks is not
recommended.  Some ferret owners only bath them a few times a year.  Bathing
causes the ferret to increase production of the oils that cause the stink in
order to replace those that have been washed away.  More oils, more stink.
Regular litter pan cleaning (twice a day for me with 4 ferrets) and cage
cleaning (replace or wash bedding roughly every 3 days) are typically sited
as the means to reduce ferret odor instead and it is what I would recommend
as well.

>From:    Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Possible way to deal with funny video, other
>1997 is almost over...

Me and the ferrets must have gone into hybernation for a year.  My how the
time flew.  ;)

Happy Holidays!  I will miss reading the FML since today is my last day at
work until Jan 2nd!  (no access from home yet) Yippeeee!!!  It's vacation
time!  I'm as excited as a ferret in a room full of raisins!

See you all next year!

Todd
...Frosty, Snickers, Kimba, and Duchess