From:
silver e <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Nov 1998 02:36:22 -0500
Hi ferret people

I bought a 3 foot artificial Christmas tree and set it up on a small table.
It still made the apartment feel and look Christmasy and the ferrets
couldn't get at it or any of the decorations on it.

I bought a 20 foot piece of clear dryer hose.  The kind made especially
for ferrets to play in.  It has been the most entertaining money I've ever
spent!  They also have a long piece of pcv piping, the kind used for
plumbing, and they would get so excited while playing in it and chasing
each other through it.  I could always hear a rapid thumping against the
wall of the inside of this pipe and I knew that they were wagging their
little tails.  WELL, now we can actually see those little tails wagging
at warp speeds, and it is the funniest thing we have ever seen.  No matter
how often this happens, we always get such a laugh.  It was sooo worth the
money.

I went into the local pet store today to play with the baby ferrets.  I had
no intention of coming home with another baby.  I like to go in often when
I know they have ferrets.  I know the store owner is busy and they really
do try to handle and socialize they little guys as much as possible usually
go in on my days off, and handle the babies and teach them not to bite.  I
hope by doing this the ferrets will be people friendly and go to homes that
will keep them and treat them well, instead of getting them home and having
them bite and then getting rid of them, because they don't know how to
handle them.

My "Other Half" has a wholesale business and was in the store with me.  He
had a laser pointer and was running it across the floor for the kittens to
chase.  My ferrets love to play chase the pretty red light as well.  The
store owner asked if Wayne had any for sale.  Of coarse he did and while
they were working out numbers and prices, I suggested we make an even
trade.  You know, like the old bartering system.  Well to my complete
surprise they both agreed, without very much convincing, and very little
arm twisting.  I came home with a new baby.  Naturally I wasn't going to
look a gift horse in the mouth so to speak.  We have named the little guy
Laser.  He is 10 weeks old and is a gorgeous dark sable.  So now we have
9, and more than enough love to go around.

Sally St. Germain and the 9 "Little Saints."