From:
Fuzzies-r-Us <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Jul 2000 03:30:27 -0400
No, not ferret bait.

Today, I thought I need a little fishing time but I thought I'd take a
couple of the ferret kids along, so with rods and gear, a cooler for the
ferret drinks and snacks, and Missy Fitt and Princess PeeWee in harnesses
and a small travel case off we go.

At the lake, the girls are ready, and I mean ready to go !  Two turbo
charged, rocket powered ferretude wild and frisky ferrets at their best.
Setting the travel case on the ground, gathering the ends of both leads,
open the door-and off they go --for about two feet, then stop, and they
just stared.  They stared at me, at the trees, at the direction of the
water, the sky, sniffing the breeze.  WoW such wonders.  Then, Missy Fitt
is snorkeling in the grass, rolling and somersaulting, sniffing and
snorting,hopping and leaping.  Peewee, has found a tree, deeming it her
tree, and she is going to climb it.  And she does, about five feet up, but
then she needs 'Dad' to get her down, then back up she goes.  Then looking
for 'Dad' to get her down.  That over with for a moment, we head for the
water, Missy Fitt dives in and I mean dives, she barely stopped to look,
and in she goes, thank goodness it was a small pool of water, but she's
in it and snorkeling, maybe she was looking for clams?

Peewee just looks at the water, at her sister, I'd swear she looked so
disgusted with the thought of 'You expect me, a Princess, to jump in that
ucky water !?' By now Missy Fitt the furry dolphin, has climbed out of the
water, shaken, hopped on Peewee, given another hop of glee, and jumped back
in the water!  Still snorkeling still trying to find those darn clams I
guess.  I didn't know weather to laugh or grab her; she swam in small
circles having a ferret ball.  PeeWee was just standing there watching in
amazement sniffing the water and pawing at the surface as her sister came
closer.  That is till Mr. Toad caught her eye and was pounced on him / her.
Right about now I think the tree climbing was a better idea now.

So scruffing Peewee to rescue Mr. Toad, and holding a very wet Missy Fitts
leash in my teeth must have been amusing to the onlooker who had walked up
to watch.  They had been having a grand time watching me 'claming' with a
pair of ferrets.  They offered to hold the leash of the wet one who was
shaking water off herself, and attempting to do 'The Wet Ferret Run', you
know the way they run at mach2 to dry and warm themselves.  Thank goodness
they spotted the towels and wrapped her in one.  Mr. Toad was set free,

Peewee was returned to the carry case, and the two of us held and attempted
to dry Missy Fitt, both of us hoping no one else spotted two grown adults
wrestling a wet two pound ferret.  It seems they were on lunch break, and
enjoying a little fresh air, and was a little curious the fishing I mean
the fun.  I guess they had a good time and had lots of questions and wanted
to hold little Peewee.  After a lunch and water break both girls were out
exploring, sniffing, rolling and leaping with the shear joy of ferret
happiness.  I can only hope Mr. Toad was safe at home, none the worse for
wear.

We wish we could help with all the empty spots from the fur kids passing
this week.  I have no magic words to ease the emptiness.  My hope is that
you all spend as much time with your fuzzy kids as you can, time passes so
fast.

Please have a safe and happy 4th.  of July, don't forget to hide the
fireworks fron little paws :)

Visit the cutest ferret kids on the Internet
at: http://bones2000.virtualave.net
See:
Sir Trouble Esq.
Princess Peewee (Princess of Begging)
Lady Miss Fitt (the Thinker of the group)
MoePretty (The sweety of the Gang)
Alice (The Queen of Ferrets)
Misty (Daddy's little Girl)
and introducing Dweezle, the rocket powered weezle
and Blossom the three legged whirlwind
Ricky (Mr. Cuddle's) Who has jouined his departed brother Bandit
His Royal Highness: Bandit, wwho has gone ahead of us
Take a moment to visit Bandits and Ricky's Memorial page:
http://bones2000.virtualave.net/memorial.html