Date:
Sat, 18 Aug 2001 16:02:24 EDT
I would like to thank the Greater Chicago Ferret Association for their
lovely letter and gift.  It took time and thought and creativity guys.
Thank YOU for your thank you gift.

Donna from GCFA made me something very special.  I have a picture of all
the ferrets at the shelter.  They are little pictures all put together
with a nice thank you sentence in the middle.  This has been laminated
and is the size of a normal piece of paper.

Donna: I have your gift on my wall in the office.  I get to look up and see
dozens of little ferret faces!!  I could not have asked for anything nicer.
And yes--I want to take them all home.

Do not forget--you have until Sept. to purchase a cage for the GCFA
ferrets with a brass name plaque with the name of your baby on it.
e-mail me for further info.

**************Thank you G.C.F.A.********************

The racing pigeon is going to be saved!!

I went through phone call after phone call on my own today, after Mary had
spent the entire day and up until 6 p.m.  Friday calling all the numbers
she got, and sitting at home waiting for return calls.  I called her
numbers again also-just in case a second call to the same person might
change a heart.  I found someone who will take the friendly little guy.
It will mean a 3 hour drive on expressways-which I am afraid of.  But I
found a husband and wife that save starlings, doves, pigeons, robins: the
birds no one seems to care at all about around here.

My poor neighbor: I talked her into keeping the bird until Tuesday if I
paid all expenses.  I have pigeon food, some charcoal stuff for roughage,
and spray for mites and lice.  I will take it Tuesday night for the drop
off.

Thank YOU to so many of you for your help, questions, possible solutions,
and prayers.