From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Apr 2001 23:59:09 -0400
>That said I think I have seen a picture of a ferret and a Cockatoo in
>Modern Ferret - however I think that might be the exception not the rule.

You must have seen Marc Marpone's pet shows.  If memory serves (and it does
npt always) the picture of his ferret, Splash who plays and shares with
bunnies, chincillas, and large birds well WAS in MF long ago, but with one
of his rabbit friends.  I have heard of several ferrets which have gotten
along with rabbits, as Ela will confirm, and I think that I have heard of
two or three who got along with chinchillas, but Splash is the ONLY ferret
that I have ever known about who gets along with birds at all.  That means
that of the rare he is exceedingly rare.  I would not mix them, myself.