From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 14:59:21 EDT
I realize that a ferret, given proper shelter (blankets, etc), can stay
in fairly cold weather.  In addition, I know its okay to let a ferret out
in 50 degree weather or 45 degree weather for only a short play period
(15 minutes)... but I dont know for certain if its okay to let them out
there for longer periods and to stay out in that weather and go in and
out.

Someone asked me how well can a ferret deal with sudden changes in
temperature.  For example, his ferret play room is a screened in porch...
which can get cold.  The ferret is allowed to come in and out of the
house as it wants through the day (it scratches the door to go in and
out).  But there can be a drop or increase in temperature of 20 degrees
or more instantly through the day when he does this.  He would like to
know if this is highly stressful for a ferret, and if it is okay or not.
The ferret has all his boxes, blankets, etc out there to keep warm and
sleep in when he naps out there.  I told him I thought it was okay... but
that I would check with others who know more than I.  Could you all reply
if you know?  I am curious myself.

Wolfy

Please visit:
http://www.geocities.com/wolfysluv/