From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Dec 2007 14:23:26 -0500
Part of the mess-up wasn't completely me (well, not exactly me). The
site to which I originally posted them truncated them but left them as
live links but I was very short on time so I figured that I'd put them
in that way WITH THE STARTING POINT AS A LIVE LINK AT THE BOTTOM and I
thought that the truncated ones would be dead (but they weren't -- I
should have stripped off the http part -- and that was definitely my
part of the goof). Apologies for the mess, Bill.

Sorry that I just figured the readers could figure it out, given that I
included a starting point... Yes, I completely forgot that some are not
used to finding things on the web.

It was for someone who is moving to the U.K. from the U.S.

The rabies data URLs can be found in my list of links in my sig lines.

Here are the rest:

http://www.aphis.usda.gov/import_export/index.shtml

Import (putting this as extra in case anyone here needs it):
<http://www.aphis.usda.gov/import_export/animals/animal_import/animal_imports.shtml>

Export:
http://www.aphis.usda.gov/import_export/animals/animal_exports.shtml

http://www.aphis.usda.gov/vs/ncie/iregs/animals/ then pick the country

http://www.aphis.usda.gov/vs/ncie/iregs/animals/uk.html then scroll
down to two PDFs that involve ferrets, dogs and cats.

Go here in the UK:
http://www.defra.gov.uk/animalh/quarantine/pets/index.htm

Notice that the U.S. is an approved country for not needing quarantine
now:
<http://www.defra.gov.uk/animalh/quarantine/pets/territory.htm>
<http://www.defra.gov.uk/animalh/quarantine/pets/procedures/support-info/other.htm>

Ferret specific UK:
http://www.defra.gov.uk/animalh/quarantine/pets/ferret.htm

You will find other useful links which are needed, but these are the
primary ones.

If anyone needs it, now you have it, and it will wind up in the FML
Archives.

Sukie (not a vet)

Recommended ferret health links: