Date:
Tue, 9 Nov 2010 04:13:14 -0800
First of all, I think that the Giving Tree is great, and I have finally
chosen my Giving Tree baby. Bailey is a Marshall Farms sable from the
Oregon Ferret Shelter. Here is his bio.
http://ferretgivingtree.com/showdetails.php?DetailID26&treeid
"Bailey and Buster arrived at the shelter after being left behind in an
apartment house when their owners moved out very abruptly in the night.
They stayed alone for a few days before they were discovered in a
disgusting cage with no food or water. Buster was in terrible condition
and only survived a few days. Bailey was doing okay until Buster died
and now is being hand fed and carried around to comfort him. No one can
bring back his Buster, but they can make life a little easier for him
until he can go back to his foster home."

I chose Bailey for one reason, he reminds me of my beloved ferret Zen
who died last year. Bailey is cuddly, kissy, and requires hand-feeding
just like Zen did. If I didn't know better, I'd swear that Bailey was
Zen come back to life.

The shelter operator, Chris Mathis, said that I can make an appointment
to come and meet Bailey. I really want to, but I think that that might
make me feel the loss of Zen more keenly especially since it will be
Christmas soon.

Then I learned that Bailey might die. If he does, that'll be another
thing that he and Zen have in common.

I offered to adopt Bailey even with all of the care that he needs, and
was told that I should wait until after the Holidays and see if he gets
better before making a decision. Chris said that she doesn't want me
to adopt him, until it's certain that he will live, so that I don't
have to go through the loss of another ferret so similar to Zen in
personality soon after adoption. I don't think that I could deal with
that.

I know that it's impossible, but I want my Zen back.

Randie