From:
Star Fuchs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Oct 2000 05:44:45 -0700
>From:    "Lisa P." <[log in to unmask]>
>I have a Martin's Barn Carrier which I love.  I've received a number of
>compliments on it as well as the bedding that was made for it.  I was
>wondering to those who have one, what type of litterbox do you use with it?

I have this carrier as well.  I love it!  I had one made without the pan
and floor wire...I got a piece of plywood cut to fit the bottom and stuck
self-adhesive floor tiles to the plywood...voila!!  It's great.  For a
litter box, I went to WalMart and for $0.98 bought a plastic Sterilite
shoe-storage container.  It fits almost perfectly across the back.  It had
a plastic lid attached to it which I cut off, and I cut down the front a
bit for easier access.  I left about 1 1/2 inches to keep the litter in.
Make sure to smooth down any sharp edges left from cutting.  Then I
attached it with two cage clips.  As I said it's nearly a perfect fit and
the ferrets have used it pretty consistently.  I leave the carrier down
for them to play in when they are out so it's familiar territory, and they
even go in and use the litter box when they are out and about.

Star

=====
It's brief and bright, dear children; bright and brief.
Delight's the lightning; the long thunder's grief.
-John Frederick Nims (1913-1999)