From:
Susie Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Nov 2012 16:23:46 -0600
This is Susie Lee of the now TWO YEARS' CLOSED Ferret & Dove Sanctuary,
Inc. I'm still helping folks with information because even though the
Sanctuary is closed, people all over America and many areas in the
rest of the world (that subscibed to the international tv show "Animal
Rescue" of which a video-article had been aired featuring our little
no-kill Sanctuary) people still will call my number and ask questions
like "I found a dove what shall i do for it?" or various other
questions about ferrets or cats or rabbits. I often hear from these
folks that my number has been the only one that had someone answer.
(this has GOT to be because I have no answering service nor machine
and just pick up the old landline phones when they ring :)

Well, anyway, this afternoon, a friend sent me this and said it was
"for me" ... so since I am NOT the only rescuer "out here", I thought
I would pass it along to you. It's very nice, but there's NOT ONE
BLESSED MISCHEIF-MAKIN' FERRET in the gosh-doggoned thing! Nearly
every-other-critter-and-their-mothers-and-brothers and friends and
next-country neighbors. No ferrets! SHOOTSKIES on Shingels-es with
mustard, ketchup and Mayyonaise! The sentiments typed out in the last
few frames also show about everything all of us care-persons believe
AND practice. http://youtu.be/8miJcfFBf_0

So what about someone who has the means and the time on their hands
(HAH!, right? :) make a TRIBUTE video similar to this featuring MOSTLY
all ferret-rescuers...perhaps using photos and footage of get-togethers
and visits! Let's get more OF the still-plugging-along ferret rescuers
recognized and MAYBE EVEN bring them some kindly donations from those
who still can! I cannot do this, don't have the equipment or the
video-creating expertise...otherwise I would use all the older pictures
I have. But i CAN offer ONE thing to whomever might seriously consider
creating this. ORIGINAL photographs of our "Make-A-Wish"-kid , Caitlyn,
who had cancer and whose Wish was to have her own ferret. We put TWO
ferrets in her arms, but her very first love was a huge light silver
fellow who just simply melted into her welcoming arms. They each
enjoyed just under two years of genuine happiness all together. Then
she died from her cancer and her "main" ferret who was very closely
bonded to her, died of a literal broken heart within two days of her.
We got back his little female ferret-friend whose own life was saved by
the attentions of another elderly single-ferret. If anyone CAN create
a video tribute to all ferret rescuers, I would like my Sanctuary's
contribution to be the photographs of the Make-A-Wish kid who JUST
wanted a ferret.

My address is thus Susan J. Lee LPN Retired , 3815 Tom Lane Drive,
Pensacola, Florida, 32504.

I'm about always "at-home"...no car. Okay, take care, all!