From:
CYBER SCORPION <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Dec 1995 15:35:05 EST
Dear Robin,

Sorry if I offended you, I didn't mean to.  Perhaps you have good reason to
house your ferret in your closet.  My experience with closets makes me
automatically think of them as small spaces.

Of course, I have never had the luxury of living in a home that had huge
walk-in closets.  My ferrets are very well taken care of.  My girlfriend is
usually cross at me because I dote on them so much.  They have the run of my
fairly large two-bedroom apartment when I am home or gone for only a short
while.  However, when I have to be at work all day, I put them (4) in their
three-story condo for safety sake.  They seem to be quite content there
until I get back home to let them out.  Their cage is fitted with dual 16-oz
water bottles and I always make sure they have plenty of Totally Ferret food
available in addition to their daily herbal formula.  Back to your original
question about moving the litter pan.  I've seen a lot of ferrets do this.
Most of the time I think it's due to their natural curiosity or mischevious
nature.  Of course, like you mentioned in your rebuttal, your ferret might
be trying to tell you that she wants to be out where you are so she can see
everything that's going on.  Also it might have something to do with the
kind of litter you use.  Is your ferret an unusually small female and is the
size of the litter pan appropriate?  Maybe she's having trouble getting in
it.  Just a couple of ideas.  Anyway, best wishes to you and your ferret.

Fred R.,
Mickey, Niki, Merlin, and Crystal..