From:
Marrilee Minick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Nov 1998 19:30:27 EST
Hello,
I rarely post, but I enjoy what everyone else has to say.  I now need some
advice.  I think one of my rescues has adrenal problems.  I know the first
step would be to take him to the vet, and I did.  But the vet seemed not to
be very concerned with the hair loss on his tail and up his back.  He said
to wait and see what else happens in the next month.  How fast does this
cancer (if that is what this is, and I am hoping it isn't) grow?  Can we
really afford to wait a month to see what else may happen?  He won't use a
blood test, he said he has had too many false negatives.  I have heard that
too, so it wasn't a surprise.  But I feel like maybe we should be doing
something during this month, but what I do not know.  Is there something
else I should be looking for, some subtle sign?  He is doing everything
normal for Moe, as normal as Moe is.  He eats fine, poops fine, sleeps
fine, plays fine, and hasn't dropped too much weight.  He is on the thin
side, but he has always been on the thin side.  So there is no change
there.  I don't want to wait too long and take the chance of losing him.  I
wanted to take him to another vet, but I am unsure of who is good in the
Reno area.  I had a vet I really liked, but she moved to Denver when her
husband changed jobs.  I have asked around, but no one really seems to rave
about any one vet here.

Anyway, if you can give me any advice please e mail me privately, I would
really appreciate it.

Kim and the half dozen in Reno