Date:
Fri, 14 Dec 2007 12:27:56 -0500
Here ye, here ye ... I'm opening up the first meeting for survivors of
the ferret communities own Renee Downs. Those of you who have lived
through this catagory 5 storm in the past or who are currently enduring
the blizzard/noreaster she has become have a safe place to come. To
recover. To heal. This group is open to everybody regardless of creed,
race, religion, sex or species. I hope those of you who join feel
comfortable enough to participate. I will act as faciliator. Unless
BIG wants to take that job. For now, it will be me, because BIG is now
currently being victomized himself. I've never run a support group. And
I've only been to one. So I'm new at this. I hope you will be patient.
Think of this as a circle of friends, all equals, supporting each other
in recovery or even while being affected.

I'll start off with saying, that I fear I've become an addict. I found
out the hurricane converted to a blizzard and so therefore the cold
winds are taking her accross the midwest and up north ... not south.
So I will be missing her this Christmas. Shouldn't I be relieved?
Shouldn't I be grateful that I dont' have to set out clean towels, a
glass of water, or encourage her to read my most excellent Ferrets
magazine articles? I won't have any more scars from battling with her
to stay on my page and not go to Alex's. I mean, shouldn't I be happy
that I won't have all of the debris to enjoy, er clean up after she
is gone? I wont' have to rock and console my ferrets who are left
shivering and tic'ing from the ravages of her hooligan crowd of wayward
weasels. They don't have uh, the best of manners? They miss the pans so
it's hard for my guys to dance, who aren't very talented to begin with
I must say. Putting obstacles about the room does not teach them to
be more coodinated and like her twinkle toes. My guys have to watch
in horror as her bunch climbs sinks and toilets in the bathroom and
opens .. gasp, "the door". The "noits'abadferret door". Everyone here
knows it's full of terrible things such as toothbrushes, floss, old
bath toys, combs and shampoo. My ferrets know that Mommy says if you
move them, a monster will come out of the drain and eat our faces off.
It takes my precious angels days to recover from having goodies shoved
in their faces by Renee. My birds will be grateful to not have to sit
in the middle of a crumb mess and make believe they like eating seaweed
with her in order to act like good hosts. Sean will be able to play his
Wii in peace. What is wrong with me?! I'm sick I tell you, sick, sick,
sick. So, I, Wolfy look to my peers during this crisis.

I really do hope others join ... others that might be ashamed and
afraid to "come out" and those who have lost hope in being able to
recover from one of her visits.

[BIG's note: How could I join a Hurricane Renee survivor's group if I
probably won't suvive? BIG]