From:
Marrilee Minick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Dec 1999 23:07:35 EST
hello,
Some of you may recall that I posted a year or so ago about a ferret in
need of a home.  He was at the pound and had a large tumor on his neck.  I
ended up paying his fee's, finding someone to sponsor his surgery in the
hope of finding him a good home.  I did, mine.  His tumor was malignant,
and we thought we would love him for whatever time he had left.  We had him
for a little over 15 months.  He crossed the bridge last night, with help
from our vet.  He had a tumor in one of the lobs of his liver and it burst.
In true Mort fashion, he never complained, though he must have hurt
terribly.  I held him as she gave him a shot and told him how wonderful he
was and how much he would be missed.  He is missed very much.  There will
never be another Mort, whose true beauty was not seen from the outside.
But inside that battered body, with it's rat tail and bald spot on top of
his head was the most lovely ferret you could ever hope to spend time with.
I hope he knew how much he was loved.

Kim and the Reno 5, missing Mort