From:
Megan McCormick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 May 1999 15:10:43 -0400
The question first: I would love to take my guys outside, but have tried a
couple different types of harnesses (including the sort of 'standard' one
with a loop around the neck, one around the belly, and connected by a
strap).  Either they seem too tight, or the ferrets slip right out and make
a break for it.  How do I know if it is too tight?  With dog collars, I
know I need to be able to slip a couple of fingers under the collar, but
ferrets are so squirmy - is that right for them?

The comment since I am posting anyway: I had an adrenal done a few years
ago (I am in MD, USA) and it was $400.  I don't know how much price change
there has been since then, my guys have been healthy.  (I remember joking
to the receptionist that for that $, I could buy a whole new ferret!  She
was appalled...:)

Grocery night: Does everyone have as much fun unpacking groceries as we do?
First, we all play Find the Fruit through the bags - if they win, they get
to chew something they shouldn't - if I win, I get fruit *without*
toothmarks on it!  Then they get to try and unwrap anything shrinkwrapped
before I take it from them.  Paper towels are a favorite for this.  Then
they get to climb in the fridge while I put stuff away.  And at the end,
they get a big pile of plastic bags for some (mommy-supervised) playtime!
Everyone has a ball.

Thanks for the help,
Megan and the cantankerous three:
Anastasia ("Umm, the outside is big.  Can I stay home?")
Lexie ("Ooh!  Is that a banana?!?")
Sammi ("I love Rubbermaid products.  So chewy.")