From:
Crystal Walko <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Jun 2012 08:24:59 -0700
FIRST! I did NOT bash anyone! I asked questions about E.C.E. and
testing! I asked for opinions and views on the actual testing if ANYONE
suspected E.C.E. in their rescue or with their personnel ferrets! NO
WHERE and I repeat NO WHERE on Facebook did I even mention Lori's name
or Ferrets at Heart! Here is a copy of the 2 posts I made regarding
E.C.E. and you can check these my going to my facebook wall!

Post One-

Please make sure to read the whole post. I know what E.C.E. is. The
illness doesn't have to be explained to me. I'm looking for answers to
my actual questions... Let me get this out before I go on.. My rescue
does NOT have E.C.E. nor are any of my 46 ferrets showing any signs of
E.C.E. Sorry I had to clarify before I go on... I would like honest
opinions from everyone, shelters, ferret owners, vet FB friends, even
people who don't like me that much. IF... IF any of you suspected
E.C.E. in any of your ferrets that MIGHT be suspect of having it would
you get the E.C.E. test done on your ferrets? Even if it isn't 100%
accurate? My feelings on this is YES! I feel as a responsible shelter
director and a ferrent that if something like E.C.E. was to come
through my shelter that I would HAVE to test the ferrets that MIGHT
have it. IBD, Helicobactor, and E.C.E all have very similar symptoms.
But if it MIGHT be E.C.E. isn't it a responsibility to have those that
are suspected of it tested so proper treatment can be given and future
outbreaks can be prevented? What I mean by prevented is closing the
doors for at least 6 months and not taking in anyone new. Bring on your
answers and opinions please.. and Thank you

Post Two-
Once more!!! MY rescue DOES NOT have an E.C.E. outbreak!!! and I DO
NOT even suspect it!!! But heres some info for people who say the
test costs are to invasive and costly. The following link is where
test samples are sent.
http://www.dcpah.msu.edu/Bin/Catalog.exe?Action=Test&Id=2053

I ask this... How is a fecal test to invasive for a ferret?

Seriously learn how to read! One person asked me who was claiming this
and I said read the FML. Someone mentioned while answering my questions
that they would get the test done on one that died. My reply was....
One did die. NOWHERE on facebook did I bash anyone. Anything I said in
comments or replies regarding Ferrets at Heart was ALREADY posted on
the FML by Lori herself! Therefore me saying its on the FML and saying
one ferret died already is NOT bashing Lori!!! So to the people that
are taking Facebook crap back to Lori... Get the facts straight and
tell her what I actually posted! Certain people are twisting things in
their heads and making this all very much worse for Lori and I. Lori
and I with the help of a mutual friend are trying to figure this all
out without ruining our friendship and shelter relationship. OUR main
concern is the ferrets! I THINK testing should have been done right
away to establish E.C.E. or fecal tests can be been done to rule out
other very similar illnesses Like Heliocobactor and Coccidia. That is
my opinion and I even offered to pay for the testing twice! Can I
afford to do so... NO not really but Ill bust my butt like I always do
and get the money! Those 6 i transferred were MY babies. I still feel
that they are my babies! Mine and Lori's We both love them and want the
best for them! Lori offered to take some of my babies and I excepted. I
knew Lori would love them as I do that is why I agreed to a transfer!
When I dropped them off I had such a hard time leaving with out them!
Just ask Lori!

Lori and I BOTH made mistakes with this transfer of those ferrets and
damn it WE both regret not following standard shelter procedures of
BOTH our rescues! With the loss of Casper and the others still sick
WE are both wrecked over this!!!

ONCE MORE! actually read MY posts.. No one slammed or bashed ANYONE on
MY Facebook posts!

If you want to help and offer advice that is great! It really is but
don't lecture either me or Lori about this situation. WE messed up. WE
know we did. WE dont need people reminding us of what we should have
done! Cause its done! We cant go back in time. All Lori and I can do
is learn from this and make sure it never happens to us or our ferrets
again by following shelter protocol in the future.

I will say once more.. Every ferret in my rescue is fine! There ar NO
signs of ANY illness! All poops are good with the exception of one
ferret who ALWAYS has loose brown stool cause he is on soup only due
to the fact that is all he will eat and Insulnoma.

Be kind cause WE can't rewind!

Crystal L. Walko
Owner & Director
Healing Hearts Ferret Rescue