Date:
Wed, 13 Jul 2011 08:12:37 -0400
>I have found the same thing. Ferrets at "farms" - yes where it is
>also 90 degree weather, in museums - eating cut up pieces of apples,
>and at some zoos too. I inquired at each of the places where I saw
>the ferrets - that they can suffer from heat stroke, that they are
>not barn animals, that they are carnivores who do not eat fruit,
>that they need out of cage time and human interaction...
>Anyone have any other suggestions on what else to do?

>Andrea

In addition to what you are doing, contacting 'management' at these
places and trying to educate them, maybe you can also offer a Ferret
For Dummies book to these people who claim to know what the ferret
needs, when in reality they seem to have no clue. You can buy the
Ferret For Dummies books at the two links below for less than $5 each
for a used copy, including shipping, and keep a couple in your car at
all times for when they could be put to good use.

http://product.half.ebay.com/_W0QQprZ60210159

http://product.half.ebay.com/_W0QQprZ1774626

Jeff
In Loving Memory of Neo, Trinity, Morphy, Possum, Pip, Pop, Sabrina,
Minnie Mouse, Hunny, Misty, Frodo, Baggins, and Mr. Parker
Caring for Luna, Baby Girl, Dozer, Boomer, and Zoomer