From:
Kathleen Homan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jul 2003 00:31:50 -0400
Hi fellow fuzzy lovers its Kathy from Petco posting because I remember
reading an article about Kaytee Fiesta Diet in Modern Ferret magazine
issue #33.  A woman wrote in about her ferret having to undergo surgery
after being fed that food.  Her vet found pieces of carrot in the ferrets
intestines and stomach and the poor animal was in critical condition.
She did include thankfully that the fert was on his way to recovering.

My company sells Kaytee Fiesta diet but I personally warn customers
against using that food.  I questioned my vet about that particular food
and was told that his practice has seen 2 serious obstructions relating
to that diet.  There are customers though that even though I tell them
that not only does that food have large pieces of carrots and bannanas
that could cause potential blockages but ferrets cannot utilize vegatable
matter in theit diet.  The ingredients in that food are unnecesarry for
ferrets and there are many more nutrionally sound and safer ferret fo .
I'm sure there are many ferret owners feeding that diet without problem
currently, but if you are reading this please reconsider for the health
of your babies.  Please never take the health of your pets for granted!

Kathy and the troublemakin' fuzzys