From:
Marie Schatz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jul 2006 07:20:01 -0500
>>Do you know what I wish?  I wish they would stop selling these
>>wonderful animals.  I wish they would ban the petstores from selling
>>them and only allow REPUTABLE breeders to sell them.
>
>I would rather live without them myself than see so many in the shelter
>system and so many getting neglected and abused and die before they
>make it to the shelters

Amen.  Except I'm not even sure about the selling at all since there is
no one that will regulate breeders.  Its more about the animals than it
is about me and my wants.  And being from Michigan, there used to be,
and maybe still are, a fair number of small time "reputable" breeders
that sold to the pet store trade.

Mary, Nebraska

Ecclesiastes 3:19
For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one
thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they
have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast:
for all is vanity.