From:
Moxie and Nexus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Oct 2004 09:55:30 -0400
As a long-time seller and bidder on ebay, if you bid on an item, be
prepared to purchase it.  Those are the rules.

Sounds like a form letter to me that Jen B received from ebay.  There are
no specifics mentioned.  I have purchased items from Eleanor and Donald
Mead and have been extremely pleased with the items.

Doesn't surprise me that someone would bid in the $20 range for these
wonderful items if they really wanted them.  I used to list items for our
ferret shelter and was amazed at what ferret people paid for stuff.  So,
it's no surprise that someone would pay $20 and up for some of Eleanor's
wonderful creations.  You can surely tell by the photos that she put a
lot of time into making the items.  If someone really wants something,
they are going to outbid you.  Simple as that.

Now that Jen B is now the high bidder on some items she no longer wants,
if she had handled this situation better, she probably could have told
them since she was outbid she went on to purchase other items and could
no longer afford all of the items she previously bid on.  I bet they
would have worked something out.  You have to be careful jumping to
conclusions.  But, don't forget, the seller is responsible for all
listing fees, etc., so it's really not fair to expect them to relist all
the items you don't want now.  If you really felt shilling was involved,
the proper thing would have been to notify ebay, like she did, and then
wait for the investigation to conclude, before posting on a public forum
that a seller was involved in shilling.

>The following information is NOT meant to slander or slam ANYONE in any
>way but I do feel that potential ebay buyers of some particular ferret
>items need to be aware of a "shilling" scam that occurred when I bid on
>four different ferret clay figurines - all sold by the s ame seller.

You may not be slandering but you are stating that a shilling scam did
happen.

Moxie, Nexus and Smudge