From:
petersen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Jul 1997 10:28:23 -0500
Mary from Peoria Area Ferret Connection wrote:
>P.S.  Does anyone know of a good ferret vet in or near St. Louis?

The two that we use are Dr. Lux, at Mackenzie Pointe ANimal Hospital, in
south St.  Louis county, at 314-353-0808.  He is good for the routine stuff
(shots, minor illnesses, etc.) very willing to listen to us and to learn.
For surgery and anything more serious, we go to Dr. Wright at Howdershell
Animal CLinic, in Florissant (north county area) at 314-838-3575.  Dr. Lux
says he will not do surgery on ferrets he does not feel competent, and as a
ferret owner I appreciate his honesty!  I believe Webster Groves Animal
Hospital is also pretty good, but we have had no personal experience with
them.

We have started a ferret club/rescue/shelter in St. Louis, so e-mail us for
more info if you're interested.

Sara and Kurt and the twelve resident fuzzbutts and one dog