From:
Deborah Kemmerer DVM <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Mar 2003 14:03:06 -0500

Yes, all the studies I mentioned are published.  Everything is not on the
web.  I keep print copies of everything I read over the years concerning
issues that affect my patients.

You mentioned a huge list of problems supposedly caused by vaccinations,
and yet most of those have not been demonstrated in any significant
incidence.

I don't know what parvo vaccine you are using if it's only good for six
months, but that certainly is not true of most of them.  In twenty-two
years and vaccinating thousands of dogs I have only seen two cases of
parvo in dogs who were appropriately vaccinated, and I only vaccinate
once yearly.

Thanks for your kind words.  In the case of your ferret, I would not
vaccinate your ferret again until or unless a new vaccine were to be
approved that may not cause a reaction.  You just need to be very careful
about who and what this ferret is exposed to.  To continue to vaccinate a
known severe reactor is just not reasonable.

Unfortunately, my practice leaves me very little time for lengthy email
debates.  The best I can do is tell you that my vaccine recommendations
are decided upon based on the patient's circumstances, twenty-plus years
of experience, and keeping up with the literature as well as possible.
Veterinary medicine is what I do, and I think I do it pretty well,
overall.  If someone doesn't want to take my recommendations, then don't.
I can't spend all my time defending every aspect of every decision I
make.

Deborah Kemmerer DVM