From:
"Tikki Mite (Terry)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Jul 1997 08:41:14 -0400
Hi Sandi :-)  I too have a paralyzed ferret.  I cannot offer any suggestions
as I too am doing the same thing as you.  Simon too has had spinal damage.
It probably happened as a kit.  He was given to me when the gal that had him
dumped him at a pet store.  So I don't know his history.  My vet has given
me "Bethanechol 10mg.

It is used to contract the muscles to drain his bladder (it also emptys his
bowels).  I only use it when he is bloated and I cannot get him to pee.  It
does make a mess and I have to work harder at keeping him clean.  He too
cannot use his hind legs but is very healthy and happy and plays with the
others.  My vet feels that as long as he is healthy and happy and I can deal
with it to leave him be as we don't know 100% for sure what the problem is.
He has been this way for over a year.  I've had to help him pee for 6 months
now.  He is my sweetheart.

Question for who ever can answer.  I've seen a lot about Colloidal Silver
but have no idea what it is or what it is used for.  I'd love an answer.
Thanx :-)

Terry and the Energetic 18
I also started out with just 2  ;-)  Contagious little fuzz children aren't
they.

[P.S.]
WHOOPS!  I forgot to mention that I cut the Benthanechol 10 mg.  into 1/8
pieces.  I use a pill cutter and it works wonderfully.  Simon takes his pill
like a champ (always followed by a raisin of course).  :-D

Terry