From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Dec 1997 03:48:45 -0800
Hi FML'ers!
It is so nice to be here with others who love these little theives as much
as I do.  I knew I was not the only one.  Unfortunately I live in a crazy
state which doesn't allow for these little loveables, I will let you guess
which one (it isn't an island), and advice is a little hard to come by in
this area.  Torito (f sable), Stanley (m albino), and Makita (f silver mitt,
6 wks old and so, so, so loveable) are entertained by all the stories and
advice offered here.  We all say thanks.

My question is about food.  I have always fed my babies (mostly grown ups
actually) a cat food- MAX CAT FOR KITTENS.  Torito (2yrs), Stanley (1yr)
seem to be as healthy as can be and happy too at that.  I researched food
closely and this one came up a very, very close match with MF ferret food as
far as ingredients (animal parts) and percentages of fat, fiber, protein,
etc..  It is far less expensive and the ferts definitely prefer it over MF
food.  I find it strange that I have never heard anyone mention it on the
FML.  Hopefully I am not doing something bad!  I also compliment their diet
with ferret-vite on occasion.  My kids are not caged, they have free run of
my room (with a child gate in the door so they can't do any escape acts).
Please reply to this if you have any advice, as I am very, very curious.

I also wanted to know if anyones ferts shared the same bedtime habbits as
mine.  Torito, Stanley, and Makita will sleep on my bed all day long even
when I am in my room, but as soon as I lay down... off to their own bed they
go.  Even if I sneak into bed without them knowing, as soon as they wake and
notice me (by smelling my face of course) they get right out of the bed.  It
is as if they think they are not supposed to be there.  I have never given
them that impression, and find this behavior strange.  Do you get the same
reaction from your dookers?

Peace, Love and Ferret-vite(Torito),

Chad,
Torito (I am tired, these kids are being silly and I am too mature for them),
Stanley (I can't wait till that kit comes around so I can drag her across
         the room),
and Makita (I will still chase him when he is done biting me!  :-)