From:
Deba Brezden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Dec 1997 07:58:21 -0700
Hello Fuzz Gang ;O)

Well in between packing to leave fer Christmas with my mom, I just had to
add a thought here concerning the asking of questions .  .  .

>From:    MC <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Say what?!
>I think someone better stay away from coffee for a few days. All I saw
>in the original post was a request ~~FOR~~ the accurate information.

Or perhaps some of us just need glasses I guess. I saw *more* there than
*asking* for facts, I saw *inuendo* and *speculative error*, as in . . .

>>All I can remember is 82 ferrets were killed by someone's ex boyfriend
>>with a sharp object.

Well I happen to agree that this sort of *question asking* can be better
approached without the addition of what we might think happened.  If it's
true that we're seeking the facts, because we *admitedly* don't know all of
them, why not do 'just that' and *ask* for the facts, without adding any of
our current perceptions in the regard.  The result would definetly yield the
same facts being given to us, BUT we would then stand no risk whatever that
we are spreading any 'rumor' or 'misinformation', which I doubt was the
posters intent to do either, but was in fact what occured.  And I must add,
especially in this particular case, (though true of any) wherein we have
already been a party to seeing many questions end up as being stated as if
they were facts in prior posts, and which resulted in a great deal of
unwarranted concern and the maligning of this person at that time.  I too
have questions at times, but I'd rather prefer not to add my own 'guesses'
at the answers as I seek them out.  As well I noted from that original post
too it was stated therein .  .  .

>>I read the FML almost religiously and I don't seem to remember ever
>>seeing the full story of what happened in seattle, nor can I seem to
>>dig it up from my past newsletters.

Well I don't know what would be considered *religiously* here, but I do find
it awful hard to grasp hold of the fact that *nothing* could be found in
past FML's to clarify the Spokane situation for this poster, I know for a
fact that the story has and is available at the site which is specifically
set up for it, and has been *religiously* updated daily I might add with the
*facts* of the matter, and that several *links* and invitations to that site
appeared in issue after issue of the FML during these past couple weeks.
And since in all of that *factual* information I've never seen it stated
that Lance (the perpetrator for those unaware) was Jean's *boyfriend*,
rather it clearly explains the entire situation concerning him being the son
of an old family friend in fact who was so kindly recieved as her *guest*
temporarily at his father's request, I am left here wondering now, exactly
where this poster obtained this bit of misinformation from in the first
place now?  At any rate, and regardless of where it originated, it is WRONG
period, and for anyone at all who's still unaware of the facts of this
tragedy, may I humbly suggest that a real *look* through the FML's anytime
from Dec 1 to Dec 12 will unearth for you both the link to the site I
mentioned, and as well, will serve I think to prove the point of the damage
which conveying inaccurate info can do to others, as the prior instances
have already done to Jean.

During this season of goodwill to all men, may we all attain to it also.

We pray the Joy and Peace of this special season for all of you.  (But not
wanting to offend anyone, Merry Non Christmas if applicable)

--
Fightin Furiously Fer Ferrets Freedoms

Ferris (Get down? Whatta ya mean get down? Hithhhh nerva som folks!)

and my mom
Ms. Deba Brezden
Director, Canada Chapter IFRIC
mailto:[log in to unmask]