From:
Laura Holland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Dec 2010 23:08:27 -0800
I simply Googled "Kitten Chow" ingredients and copied and pasted
the ingredients as they were shown. So if there's an error in the
ingredients it's the website, not me. I know some of you are also
referring to Purina Kitten which is a different food from Kitten Chow
which was the food someone had said they were feeding their ferrets
and that it "wasn't the worst" thing to feed a ferret.

And I stand by what I said. Affording to feed ferrets a quality diet
is the LEAST expense you'll incur for a ferret. If someone can't afford
a $16 bag of food that will last several months for one ferret how
will they afford $40 Lupron injections every month or Pred, follow
up visits, etc, etc, etc once a ferret ends up with one of the many
diseases they get? I spent $3K this year on my five ferrets and I
wouldn't have pets I couldn't afford to care for properly. And sorry -
I also don't think ferrets are better in the hands of those that can't
provide for them than in a shelter. And this is coming from someone
who's volunteered with shelters for over two decades. Pet ownership
is a responsibility - not a right.